Karen Hasse, Ph.D.
Coach and Child and Family Specialist
Throughout her career, Karen Hasse has enjoyed assisting families use their strengths to navigate changes in their lives.
For those families experiencing separation or divorce, Karen uses a respectful and sensitive approach to help couples face their new future.
Divorce coaching provides parents with guidance so they can find their footing as they shift from partners to co-parents.
This includes focusing on communication and emotions which facilitate or interfere with the achievement of creating a new family form which is strong and sustainable.
Divorce coaching is also offered to couples without children as well as those with adult children. As a child specialist, Karen works with parents to communicate about their children’s needs and unique personalities to shape a co-parenting plan for the future.
Such a parenting plan can include an outline of how parenting time and responsibilities will be shared as well as how decisions which affect their children will be made.
Discernment counseling is offered for those couples in which one or both partners are considering a separation or divorce. This time-limited process will assist couples decide whether or not it will be possible to stay together and live well.
Karen also serves as a Social Early Neutral Evaluator and provides mediation, both designed to help parents reach parenting plan agreements. Co-parenting counseling is available for separated or divorced parents who find it difficult to work together on behalf of their children.
Reunification therapy is another service for families where a child’s strained relationship with a parent interferes with the development or implementation of a parenting time plan. In her private practice, Karen provides individual, couple, and family therapy to adults and teens.
- BA. Social Work, summa cum laude, 1973 – University of Minnesota
- MA. Family Social Science, 1980 – University of Minnesota
- Ph.D. Family Social Science, 1986 – University of Minnesota
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Full Member, Minnesota Society for Clinical Hypnosis
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of Practice
- Co-Presenter at the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Forum on Discernment Counseling